I always wonder how chefs and food bloggers save and organize their recipes. Then I thought, maybe my readers wonder the same thing! So I decided it would be prudent to share how I manage my recipes.
Fun Fact: Way back in 2010 I discovered an awesome little recipe site and actually ended up becoming a founding member! That site is Yummly.
I've been using Yummly for six years now and it's grown to be the best search and save recipe site. I love it because:
- It can help you filter recipes by taste, diet, cuisine, allergy, nutrition, and many more.
- You can enter in your taste preferences and Yummly will recommend recipes.
- Click the 'Yum' button below my recipes to save and share them on Yummly.
- It's a wonderful way to organize your recipes into personalized cookbooks.
- Filter recipes by what food items you have in your kitchen! YAASSSS.
- Use the mobile app to search recipes and make shopping lists.
- Add your own recipes. In case that cookie recipe scribbled on a napkin is getting hard to read.
Below each recipe of mine you'll now see a little 'Yum' button. Click it to save and share my recipe and find out the nutritional information for each recipe. I have been feeling kind of bad because many of you have asked for nutritional information for my recipes but I just don't tally that stuff and it takes a great deal of time. Now, Yummly does it for me! Woot, woot!
I'm in no way affiliated or compensated by Yummly. I just really love them and wanted to share how I like to manage my recipes!