As you may know, I recently bought a 1 lb. bag of caramel Rooibos tea. Yes, a ONE POUND BAG, that's a lot of tea. Who does that? I think I've used...1/500th of it. Anyways, last night I wanted to make a dreamy and silky Rooibos tea instead of the regular ol' steeped, plain tea.
This Creamy Salted Caramel Tea is thickened with coconut cream, sweetened with dates and Kahlua, and has just a pinch of salt. What's not to like? This cup of winter coziness is the perfect beverage for a chilly night. Inspired by my sweet tooth!
Creamy Salted Caramel Tea
By Katie Henry - Produce On Parade
This rooibos based Creamy Salted Caramel Tea is thickened with coconut cream, sweetened with dates and Kahlua, and has just a pinch of salt.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. caramel Rooibos Tea (or tea of choice)
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 medjool date, de-pitted and chunked
- 1 Tbsp. Kahlua
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum (optional)
- small pinch of salt
- Steep the tea in the hot water for 5 minutes. This will be a very strong cup of tea.
- In a blender add all the ingredients, including the steeped tea. Blend on high, until the dates have become completely integrated.
- Serve hot, topped with a dash of cinnamon if you wish!
Yield: 1 mug
Get bulk rooibos tea here for $15 per lb. At my local grocery store it’s $66 per lb!
I always try to save money in the grocery department when I can and that is some serious savings. Think of all the vegan ice cream you could get…
More Fall and Winter Beverages
Now go cozy up with that creamy caramel goodness.
Chilling out to Philadelphia Orchestra – Adagio for Strings, Op.11