It's time to get fat... If you're looking to add on some lbs. the healthy way, or just recover from a serious workout, then look no further than this Fat Shake. Todd usually has one or two of these bad mofos per day.
He'd like to put on a few pounds and I'd like to drop a few. So, obviously I don't partake in this shake, but if you have a man (or you are a man) that'd like a little more meat on his bones (or her bones!), then try this shake out. No donuts or ice cream required.
Coming in at 800 calories (or add 2 Tbsp. of peanut butter for 1000 calories), this shake packs a serious nutritious punch. It's great recovery post-workout shake, or a meal replacement if you're short on time.
The Vegan Fat Shake
By Katie Henry - Produce On Parade
Coming in at 800 calories (or add 2 Tbsp. of peanut butter for 1000 calories), this vegan fat shake packs a serious nutritious punch. Full of healthy fats, plant-based protein, healthy fruits, and even some greens. It's great recovery post-workout shake, or a meal replacement if you're short on time. Inspired by No Meat Athlete.
- 2 cups plain, unsweetened soymilk
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 cup (40g) fresh spinach
- 1 cup frozen mixed berries
- 1 ripe banana
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 Tbsp. raw sunflower seeds (or favorite seeds)
- 1 Tbsp. raw walnuts (or favorite nuts)
- 1 Tbsp. whole or ground flax seed
- 1 1/2 tsp. loose leaf green tea leaves
- 1 tsp. creatine monohydrate (optional)
- ½ scoop of Garden of Life Raw Meal (or other protein powder)
- Add all ingredients to a blender and whiz on high until silky smooth. Put a straw in it and slurp away.
Yield: 1 huge shake