News. I'm never eating cauliflower in any other form from now on. Nope. Only in this exact soup, as it's too good to waste cauliflower on anything else. If you've been looking for an extraordinary cauliflower soup recipe you've come to the right place. I don't mean to brag but...ohmygod. How is it that cauliflower can be shaped to taste soooo good? It's straight up magical, you guys.
I seriously had to put this soup away as soon as it cooled, because I kept slurping it from the ladle as I passed by. That's when you know you've made a great soup. It's luxurious and silky. This coconut-creamed cauliflower soup is infused with aromatic spices like cardamom, cumin, coriander, and turmeric. So good, it's the only cauliflower soup you'll ever want to make.
On a separate note, it's been almost a week since I've ran! Yoga has taken over my life. I downloaded Yoga Studio (has a lotus flower logo) on my phone (I'm in no way affiliated) and I am obsessed! I did yoga in a studio yesterday and then after work came home and did one on the app too. You should check it out! Also, my compass pose is improving! Hurray!
Creamy Spiced Cauliflower Soup
By Katie Henry - Produce On Parade
Luxurious and silky, this coconut-creamed cauliflower soup is infused with aromatic spices like cardamom, cumin, coriander, and turmeric. So good, it's the only cauliflower soup you'll ever want to make.
- 1 Tbsp. olive or coconut oil
- 2 medium yellow onions, diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 ¼ tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground turmeric
- ½ tsp. ground coriander
- ⅛ tsp. ground cardamom
- dash of ground black pepper
- sprinkling of crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 large head of cauliflower, evenly roughly chopped bite size
- 1 cup canned, full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- Dash of fresh dill (for garnish - optional)
- In a large soup pot, heat the oil over medium-low. Saute the onions through the pepper flakes, stirring occasionally, until the onions become translucent; about 7-10 minutes. Then, add the garlic and saute another few minutes.
- Add the broth and cauliflower and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce to a simmer and allow to cook for about 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is tender. Remove from heat and transfer carefully to a blender (or use hand blender in pot). Blend on high (allowing steam to vent) for a few minutes, until silky and smooth.
- Transfer back to the soup pot and stir in the coconut milk and vinegar. Bring back to heat over low, ensuring it doesn't boil.
- Remove from heat and serve hot and topped with fresh dill and ground black pepper, if you like.
Yield: 6 servings
I buy my canned coconut milk here.
It’s only $2.20 per can vs $4 per can at my local grocery store Fred Meyer!
More Creamy Soup Recipes
More Recipes With Cauliflower
I feel like it's important to note that the songs I post here are completely unrelated to my life. I just post what I'm jamming away to during that time. Just, an FYI. I don't want any, "Why's your heart broken!?" comments. It's not. No worries, my dears...it's just a catchy song. Listen and chair dance with me!
Listening to: Rixton – Me And My Broken Heart
German Word of The Day: Cauliflower --> Blumenkohl (pronounced: bloomen-coil)
Good Deed of The Day: Sign this petition to demand that China crackdown on people who buy tiger products and watch their execution, it's just awful.