If you happen to hate books, a most unfortunate and perplexing circumstance, then today is your lucky day. A recipe instead of a book review! Of course, if you love books, it's still your lucky day because this stir-fry is awesome and you can enter yesterday's giveaway for a smoothie recipe book that'll blow your socks off.
I'm high in spirits today, but feeling rather taciturn. Please forgive me for this reserved post.
This is delicious stir-fry of marinated tempeh, rich shiitake mushrooms, and sautéed kale in a garlic-ginger sauce, over red rice. I know you'll love it.
- desired amount of cooked rice or quinoa (I like red rice)
- 1 oz. dried shiitake mushrooms, reconstituted and sliced
- 8 oz. tempeh, sliced very thinly
- -- Marinade --
- 1/3 cup liquid aminos or soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. corn starch
- 3 Tbsp. rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. agave nectar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh ginger, minced
- garlic clove, minced
- ½ cup water from reconstituting shiitake mushrooms
- -- Conclusion --
- 1 Tbsp. sesame oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- dash of crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 small bunch of kale, chopped and stem tips discarded
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly on the diagonal
Bob loves to eat his dinner from the Kong!
Dutch Word of The Day
I'm learning Dutch now along with German! Check out Duolingo to learn languages for free. I'm not affliated, I just love them! Rice --> rijst (ryest) - with a slight rolling of the "r"
Good Deed of The Day
You've got to read this article from Vanity Fair on Sam Smith, co-creator of The Simpsons, feisty atheist, and a huge champion for animal rights who has been diagnosed with terminal cancer. What a huge inspiration.