As you may know, I recently bought a 1 lb. bag of caramel Rooibos tea. Yes, a ONE POUND BAG, that's a lot of tea. Who does that? I think I've used...1/500th of it. Anyways, last night I wanted to make a dreamy and silky Rooibos tea instead of the regular ol' steeped, plain tea. This Creamy Salted Caramel Tea is thickened with coconut cream, sweetened with dates and Kahlua, and has just a pinch of salt. What's not to like? This cup of Winter coziness is the perfect beverage for a chilly November night.
Creamy Salted Caramel Tea
Inspired by my sweet tooth
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 Tbsp. caramel Rooibos Tea (or tea of choice)
- 1/2 cup full-fat canned coconut milk
- 1 medjool date, de-pitted and chunked
- 1 Tbsp. Kahlua
- 1/4 tsp. xanthan gum (optional)
- small pinch of salt
- I like using caramel Rooibos tea, but use what you have on hand.
- The xanthan gum is optional but it really does lend a very creamy texture.
Steep the tea in the hot water for 5 minutes. This will be a very strong cup of tea.
Chilling out to Philadelphia Orchestra – Adagio for Strings, Op.11