If you're a brownie purist, these might not be for you. I know many people like their baked goods plain jane (Dad) and don't want anything in their brownies or cookies. Not judging, okay? I'm also aware of the stigma regarding black bean brownies. I, myself, have tried several different black bean brownie recipes in the past and most of them were...to put it bluntly...icktastic.
These chewy, gooey black bean brownies are studded with sweet blueberries, zesty candied ginger, and dark chocolate chunks.
- 2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
- ¼ cup + 3 Tbsp. cold water
- ½ cup quick oats, dry
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 15 oz. can of black beans, rinsed well
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup agave nectar (molasses or maple syrup)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup dried blueberries
- ¼ cup candied ginger, minced
- 1/3 cup chopped dark chocolate
- dash of flake salt for garnish (optional)
Dutch Word of The Day
Blueberry --> bosbes (bose-bess)
Good Deed of The Day
Today's deed is a little different...it's to help me! Please let me know your favorite vegan fare in Ohio. Or your favorite vegan goodies from either Whole Foods and/or Trader Joes. Or any calming or fun activities to do on the plane. Especially if you're skeezed out by flying.