Hello! I thought that this would be a fun time to do a different little post. A post for you to kind of get to know me, and some of the quirky things I may exhibit. In return, be sure to share your quirks too!
- I'm naturally, without distortion or exaggeration, exceptionally terrible at math...but somehow managed to pull the highest grade in my college physics class. Math = nonsensical, but physics = commonsense.
- I was prophesied to become a Veterinarian by my third grade teacher who did "profession predictions". As an adult, I know that I have a boundless love for animals, and I did go into the medical field...but I could never, ever be a vet!
- I got into Radiology because I thought it would be the least gorey of all the medical professions. Wrong. Wrong on so many levels. I've literally been hit in the face with a blood clot and a bone fragment during surgery. In the ER, I x-rayed a hand that looked like just a bloody clump of bone and flesh (got caught in the spring of a garage door) and I've "tipped" more people than I can count...it involves your bum-bum and it's not fun. Now that I'm a Mammographer all I do mostly is boobies and that's fine by me!
- I'm a really difficult sleeper. Ever since high school I've been sleeping with earplugs and a eyemask. I grew up on 40 acres in a rural town in Alaska...needless to say it doesn't make a lot of sense.
- I'm a Highly Sensitive Person. If you don't know what a highly sensitive person is, here are 16 habits of such a person. It's basically me in a nutshell. Or read a book on it here.
- Flying is more and more terrifying the older I get and the more I really think about it. Have you thought about it? I mean really thought about it. It's an incomprehensible fall to Earth...skeezes me out big-time.
- I co-piloted a plane when under the age of seven. My Grandpa has planes.
- I take the stairs instead of the elevator, as well as long or alternative routes, and use the self-checkout at the store just to avoid contact with people.
- I have essential tremors. It's a good thing I didn't want to become a surgeon.
- I've never dyed or highlighted my hair (unless you count the one that washes out in eight days).
- The coolest places I've traveled are The Galapoagas Islands and Turks & Caicos.
- I only own one pair of heels.
- Winter is my favorite season.